[kj] (OT) The Religion of Peace, Love and Understanding

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 7 09:52:59 EDT 2010

Hey, I'm not suggesting he's full-blown lunatic. His behaviour is obviously more civilised and reasonable than suicide bombers, the Shining Path or the Spanish Inquisition. If I had to be incarcerated on a desert island with Dawkins or Osama Bin Laden, the former would definitely be the choice.

But.

He's still a fanatic. He's a civilised fanatic, but a fanatic nonetheless. I've met a large number of people who I would describe as fanatics (Christian/Muslim/Scientology/Moonies) and none of them have threatened my life for disagreeing with them. On a purely intellectual level I'm not about to cut Dawkins a pass just because he's not a psycho. He might be the nicest guy in the world. But.

Jim.