[kj] Extremities

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 20:25:28 EDT 2010

"What do you American's think of that song to this day?"

I don't believe it made any significant impact, really. I mean, had it
been Simply Red or INXS or whomever was a big deal at the time, that
would be different, but for a rather under-the-radar band to produce a
curiously slick-but-soulless pop ditty about the skewed values of the
American aristocrat, it was pretty much dead-on-arrival.

It was no "51st State" by New Model Army, for example.

Alex in NYC