[kj] FOF

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Thu Mar 18 22:31:35 EDT 2010

I don't download anything (although I do listen to the song clips online to help decide what cd's to buy). Having a cd (with pics, lyrics, etc) in your

hand is the only real way to experience bands/musicians, etc. It was even better in the REALLY old days, when you could pull out a big vinyl record and actually

read stuff while you listened, or you could use the cover as artwork in your home! All this downloading bullshit is great in terms of convenience, but should be

merely a backup to owning real music.

And of corse the best of all is seeing music (whether it's the Joke, underground Japanese screech-core, jazz, zydeco, acoustic folk, classical, or whatever) live!