[kj] Something to lighten the mood: Another KJ cover (bad moviemusic)

Darren A. Peace dpeace at suspiria.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 08:14:15 EDT 2010

Thomas Dolby is a peculiar artist, in that I profoundly love half of
his songs (the original UK release of The Golden Age Of Wireless,
without that damn Science abomination, for example) and utterly hate
the other half (that damn Science abomination, every single from
Hyperactive onwards). His "Leipzig" would be a favourite song of mine
even if Andy Partridge wasn't involved.

I don't accuse Leigh of being blinkered, but I think many people deny
themselves exposure to great music through genre bias. If something's
good, it's good, and I extend an impressive array of obscene finger
gestures at anyone who disagrees.

Bee Gees excepted, as they're monstrously shit.

Darren
Hungerford, UK