[kj] NY Fillmore at Irving Plaza Show - WTF?!?

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sun Mar 14 16:51:00 EDT 2010

jon chapman wrote:

as most of the european dates have been rescheduled and none of the usa/canada dates have,i ask to myself is the N.American tour
still going ahead???

+++++++++++++

IMO, there's a lot more to this whole debacle then what we've heard so far. Shifting ticket sales from Live Nation to Ticketmaster
and having impromptu new on-sale dates with no North America dates changed thus far smells very fishy to me. If the NA leg is going
on as planned, that's great, just confirm it is. It doesn't take weeks to stop sales of shows, it can literally be done in hours or
a day at worst.

Add to this the rather vague announcement a couple weeks ago of several US dates being "Night Time" full album sets just before it
was announced the tour was being postponed tells me the band and/or management is literally throwing ideas day to day in the air
like shit into a fan to justify moving forward with the tour despite the album being delayed.

At the very least, it's pretty clear there's a communication break between the band (and perhaps between members of the band
itself), their management, the promoter(s) and their record label Spinefarm. At worst, there's a willful attempt to continue
reaping whatever meager ticket sales they're still getting for whatever reasons before they pull the plug on these dates and either
reschedule them for the Fall or cancel the NA tour altogether.

The lack of coordination, direction and willingness to address in a concrete, direct fashion what is going on is an ominous portent
of the near future of this band.

T.B.