[kj] OT: 'Gibson' [coughs] es295 for $375.00!

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 12 12:07:09 EST 2010

My theory/rationalizaion when I ordered these name brand (G-Star, etc.)
designer clothing pieces for dirt cheap from China/Hng Kong over eBay
was, well, hell, this is probably where the sweatshops crank this shit
out anyway. All the textile/seamstress/etc. labor is cheaply farmed out
to China these days anyway.

So I thought maybe some luckless worker, some poor bastard who could
barely feed his family, took some of the merchandise he had made, home,
and knew he could make more money off Yanks and Europeanss if he sold
them personally, individually, on the 'net. So, yeah, I have bought
bootleg (?) clothing from China - and have actually rarely been
disappointed by the quality. I am hoping my money went to some poor wage
slave who took home some extra jackets, shirts, etc., that he was
slaving away to make for some name brand sweatshop.

AGAIN - that is *wayyyyyy* different than musical indtsruments. If
you're a serious musician, obviously bootleg shit ain't gonna cut the
deal. It needs to work the way you want it to. Unless you just want a
guitar to hang on your wall as a decorative piece to fool people, as
someone else said. If you're a serious musician, you really do need the
instrument you paid for or think you are getting, not some P.O.S.

-Oliver