[kj] OT: redundancy and infuriating greed

Janean j at jlancaster.info
Thu Mar 11 06:34:11 EST 2010

Thanks for all the well wishes.

My colleague and I have decided to propose “job share” where we cut 50
percent of our hours saving the college the same amount of money. This will
still enable us to cover our mortgages and help us sleep at night. We’ll
have to see if THEY agree to it. What stupid is that we both do different
jobs with different skills, so they’d lose out if one of us left and would
end up outsourcing some of the work!

The man who is making all these decisions was recently appointed Vice
Principal from his previous position of Director of Finance. The college
has a £500k deficit. Surely this has something to do with decisions he’s
been part of – but all the little people are paying for his mistakes.
Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?

Cheers,

Janean

_____