[kj] Latest Blog Post from Youth:

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 04:32:44 EST 2010

It's not quite like that, at least as I understand it.A number of US banks were in severe trouble. A number of them weren't. However, the US government wanted to mask the ones that were in trouble by forcing all US banks to take TARP (bail-out money) even if they didn't need it. This was to maintain confidence overall in the market.Goldmans and JP Morgan, I believe, were among the ones that didn't need it. Goldmans lost relatively little in the sub-prime crash and has been very profitable since. JP Morgan was strong enough to acquire Bear Sterns, albeit at a low share price. These banks have been quick to point out that they paid back the TARP promptly.Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the case.