[kj] Spinefarm

Jari Pakarinen jari.pakarinen at iki.fi
Tue Mar 9 08:16:24 EST 2010

Howdy,

Since so many here are talking about Spinefarm I thought I tell you what I
know of the company.

It's a Finnish company (or at least used to be). Started with importing
punk/hc/metal/alt etc. music to Finland as a one-man outfit. Grew
considerably when the (first?) Offspring record sold like hotcakes. Later
signed bands like Nightwish and Children of Bodom whose success brought them
to the front in Finnish music scene. Spinefarm bands were among the first
bands that were popular outside Finland.

I was quite pleased when I heard that KJ signed to Spinefarm. As I see it
they're in good hands and good company.

Spinefarm was sold to Universal 2002.

I would'nt say they suck, but record company is a record company. You know
what it's about.

Jari