[kj] Message from Big Paul

Chris Williamson laughingchris at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 08:24:30 EST 2010

Sorry but I don't accept this. If there were any doubts about the release of this album and subsequent tour then nothing should have been arranged in the first place. Booking flights and tickets 4 - 6 weeks ahead is not unusual as the cheapest flights to Europe tend to get booked up very quickly and are limited. On a personal note because I work shifts the effort of arranging leave and cover is not just telling my boss I'm taking time off. Other people are involved who have nothing to do with Killing Joke.

This is the only band that I really love that fail to deliver on a regular basis and to be honest I'm fucking sick of it. Not least because this is not the first time it has happened. Also I'm pissed off that an official statement has not even bothered to have been released. Disrespectful if you ask me.

Family bereavements are one thing and of course my heart goes out to Youth. I know all about losing a father and the effect it has on your life but as far as sacrificing your livelihood to pursue something that you want to be a part of, Killing Joke, well that's the risk you take. Lets face it the tour and album release have been postponed for purely financial gain so who loses out? Fucking we do, AGAIN!

I've met Big Paul on numerous occasions, and consider him to be the greatest drummer ever and also a proper gent, so this is not a personal attack on him I assure you.

I still don't understand why some of the dates (one's that had sold a considerable amount of tickets) couldn't be honoured. Venues booked and everything in place. Just do some gigs to sweeten the sour taste a lot of us who did fork out and rearrange work schedules etc have right now.

Yeah I'll still go to the gigs in September because I love Killing Joke and seeing the other people who are as passionate about this band as I am, but at this moment in time I've got the serious hump not helped by people coming out with statements about how members of the band have lost out. Sorry, that's not my problem!

Nuff said!

Chris