[kj] [Bulk] Re: Latest Blog Post from Youth:

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 15:04:44 EST 2010

Ha! Nicely put Neil.

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Perry <65snoopy at gmail.com>
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 22:59
Subject: Re: [kj] [Bulk] Re: Latest Blog Post from Youth:

Being an unashamed space nerd, a month ago I acted on a very long-held
ambition and travelled to Florida to see a space shuttle launch from Kennedy
Space Centre. Now this is a risky use of time/money, as it is quite possible it will be postponed/cancelled - it is
of course the most complicated machine ever built by humans, yet it relies on getting
into orbit by the ignition of what is basically a massive bomb. And sure enough,
after I had travelled 3000 miles, queued for hours then sat around until 4.30am, it was
postponed 9 minutes before launch due to various safety reasons. Fair enough,
there are six people sat on top of the massive bomb so every precaution has to be taken.
It was to be expected. But I was still absolutely gutted.

Elsewhere, a band fail to get the recording of their new album to coincide with a world tour.
I only mention these two things together because ONE OF THEM IS NOT
FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE.

PS: I witnessed the space shuttle launch 24 hours later. And it was awesome.
So never give up hope, eh?