[kj] Endgame(s)mix

Dominico C dominicoc at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:27:28 EST 2010

I'm not going to say that Hossanas was excellent. I agree the mix was muddy. There are some tracks that I favor -Implosion, Tribal Antidote, Judas Goat, and Light Bringer (a bit long). But, Hossanas was not consistant and didn't really meet its full potential.

Regarding the recent post of "End Games"... I was psyched when listening to it. I think its the strongest material they've produced in the last two decades. I like all the back catalogue. Some of my favorites are Pandemonium and Democracy, but also the first three albums of course.

Yes, the tribal drumming is missing on this track, but ITS BPF (finally iron clad drumming)! For a rough mix, it speaks volumes! In my opinion the production is tight. Yeah, I do agree with other posts, the bass needs a little more punch. But, yet again we are listening to a rough compressed version. It'll probably sound much better off of CD at 48-96 khz.

Everybody seems to be in peak form.

Dom

**While I can't delve into the subtleties of bass lines, genres,
influences etc... like many of you, I can state if something sounds good
or not. Hosannas was horrific. It's the only KJ album (other than the
America single) that has disappointed me.

I think the album had a lot more potential than what it delivered.
And to strain the shit out of my ears just to
barely make out the vocals is simply bullshit! The mixing sucked. It
was the first thing that came to mind as soon as I head it.**