[kj] (OT) Amazing Courtney Love review

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Tue Jun 29 13:23:03 EDT 2010

Alex Smith wrote:

There has never been anything good about Courtney Love. Ever. She's shit from start to finish.

Alex in NYC

Agreed. I've always had an open mind when it comes to a band or artist until I actually hear or see them. For Love, that came in 2001 when I saw her open for Jane's Addiction at the Hollywood Bowl. Her set became a pathetic, self aggrandizing comedy skit midway through and by the time her set was supposed to end, she refused to get off the stage, spent another hour alternating between strumming an acoustic guitar and mumbling to those in the front or being chased by roadies around the stage until she was finally physically carried off the stage. Unfortunately because she chewed up so much time, Jane's set was cut short by several songs which included a couple songs featuring an impromptu Porno For Pyros reunion. Never forgave her for that loss.

T.B.