[kj] New Topic-Glastonbury-Muse

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Mon Jun 28 20:12:16 EDT 2010

Wow. "The Bends" is one of my favourite albums, and "Paranoid Android"
one of the most astonishing singles ever recorded. I can see that
Radiohead do little to dispel their more recent laptop nerd aura, but
"Pablo Honey" is the only album of theirs I don't like. The moment
when I utterly connected with them was when I saw them doing "My Iron
Lung" at a Smash Hits party. Jaw-dropping, both for me and the entire
audience, although not necessarily for the same reason. There's a
chord they strike with me, predicated on melancholy, I think, to the
extent that I've forgiven them for ripping off the "Shot By Both
Sides" riff in "Just".

Muse are great fun, and are clearly mental, but are now veering a
little close to Queen to be entirely comfortable for me.

Darren
Hungerford, UK