[kj] Killing Joke Take Over YouTube

Matthew Burke marsboy1 at msn.com
Mon Jun 28 13:49:36 EDT 2010

Sweet!

I think perhaps we can refer to you today as "trying to escape the heat in NYC"?

Subject : Re: [kj] Killing Joke Take Over YouTube

Date : Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:41:07 -0700

From : "TB" <planetary at socal.rr.com>

To : "'Alex Smith'" <vassifer at earthlink.net>, "'A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)'" <gathering at misera.net>

Alex Smith wrote:

Not sure who's responsible, but there's a new glut of vintage live KJ.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prsg_zIh2F0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wQb2Hl_L48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53LBx4iYLZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wda0VgmkBek

Yay!

The top two are from a Spanish live music show called "La edad de Oro" that a huge number of broadcasts from the early to mid 80's have shown up as torrents on Dime over the past couple years. I downloaded a few (most the Lords of the New Church gigs) including this KJ show a long time ago but never bothered to stick it on Youtube because I thought the shows were pretty common. This show was originally broadcast on October 6, 1983 and the set was Frenzy, Lust Almighty, Wardance, Pssyche, Song And Dance and Sun Goes Down.

The other guy who put up the two B/W clips is "Pssyche," who has uploaded a *ton* of KJ clips including some pretty rare live stuff for a long time. You'll spend hours viewing his clips.

T.B.

Gathering at misera.net