[kj] The trouble is......

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 23:17:32 EDT 2010

I think the words "zeitgeist" and even "gestalt" are in order here (tho' I haven't completely mastered what they mean, but hey!).
I think the whole idea, nay, deed!, of having one's unique-&-exceptional experience of a given zeitgeist or even gestalt being slapped down, ridiculed-as-quaint and/or even despised-n'-denied is appropriately Offensive.
And then having it all zombie-cloned as some deadeyed, stillborn, undead not-quite-human contemporary corpse of some "Christmas-past" to be sippy-cup fed as "new" and "legitimate" PAP for contemporary Gullibles & Manipulatables is.. jarring to those who first heard it, experienced it and were an actual living part of the times that so vividly created it/that/whatever (KJ-1, Zeppelin 1, etc.et.cet.era.), and not just someone who bought that fuckin' t-shirt - at Target on sale! Aaaghh!!

Tangible examples -
PUNK - then: Ramones, OI Polloi,      now: GREEN DAY?!   Gaah!
              then: Joy Division, Bauhaus  now: She Wants Revenge, the whole
                       Electro/Synth post-Emo=Eloi scene and its Muzak.

Make it stop!

To all the current bands: what is wrong with just trying out doing ORIGINAL music? NEW music? You don't all have to try and sound like, um, The Cure, Joy Division, U2. It's okay if you all try otherwise. Really.
No, really.

Thank yooouuu!!! Good nite L.A.!!!

[and GER - AUS 4-0 =:~o (wtfwasthat??!) but I have faith in the 'Roos. I know they'll bounce back!]