[kj] The trouble is......

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 13 19:57:43 EDT 2010

I regret missing the '66 garage punk explosion!

I regret missing many musical explosions. But i am also, like Ian
MackHay, very much against a super-laserlike focus on nostalgic "back in
the day"/"sucks to b you to be born too late"-type bullshit. Last night
hex Dispnesers played with Eddy Current Suppression ring in Austin. Two
blocks away GBH played. I loved (and still do like) GBH. But many pople
are stuck in a time warp. ECSR + Hex Dispnersers kickedso much ass. And
it it isn't an "oldies" tour.

I am sore about missing a LOT of the action (Minor Threat, etc.) - but
great music is still being layed. The GBH show sapped away a lot o the
"right people" (the "body odor punk corwd," as I call them). So the
ECSR/Hex Dispensers MODERN (post-)-punk show had a good crowd while the
folks who who had their German shepherds went to GBH. THANK GOD. It's 2010.

I do have a sore point about missing the "real" stuff - we all do no? I
just hate older elder-elitist folks who insist it's all been done under
the sun before. Give me a break.

-0liver