[kj] "In Excelsis" on YouTube:

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 11:53:11 EDT 2010

Unfortunately it's always possible that Geordie controls- and likes- his sound. To be honest I don't see the band deciding to actively sound more commercial. They just like what they're doing.

Jim.

--- On Fri, 11/6/10, fluw <fluwdot at earthlink.net> wrote:

There has been some bell ringing here and there on the democracy cd and “you’ll never get to me” – but far too little. possibly the band nor Geordie take what sets Geordie apart from common guitarists seriously - perhaps they don’t like it when Geordie plays that way?

Maybe they are afraid that a record featuring too many bells, twang and howl the size of Jupiter will represent the band as less than powerful and germane with the angry cookie monster chug chug current of established heavy music genres ?

Appealing to the lowest common denominator is a rather safe way of producing one’s art. That is smart careering