[kj] (OT) Derf Scratch (Fear) RIP

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 17:24:41 EDT 2010

Possibly because I'm not from 'this' side of the pond, let alone the West Coast. I think I enjoyed about 3 Dead Kennedys tracks.
As for the earlier New York 'scene', Richard Hell, (some) Dead Boys (not strictly NYC, I know) and that's about it. As I said, it's cultural. I didn't relate to it, I guess.
Someone mentioned a band being the US's Buzzcocks; maybe that's another factor, it was 3 or 4 years after the fact for me...I'd started to listen to bands like Killing Joke more. :)