[kj] Play LOUD

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:05:45 EDT 2010

Oh please. So they were worse than Heather Nova were they? And Dr Phibes and
the House of Wax Equations and numerous other bands whose names I can't even
remember they made so little impact?

There was some good stuff on the CD, although the production was poor -
which was a shame given that Jaz did it! But remember at that time KJ
couldn't even produce their own album properly. Chris McLaughlin was getting
some stick at the Astoria gig but seemed to handle it ok. Not sure the
Bono-with-a-guitar choice of look was a wise idea but he could play.
Bouncers slag off bands all the time. I've seem bouncers slag off KJ. That
doesn't mean anything. I didn't realise you rated their opinions so highly.
Perhaps you could let us know what albums bouncers are recommending this
year?

PS Hi Alex. Yeah I know I don't post much these days but I read a lot of the
posts still.