[kj] Play LOUD

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 03:31:53 EDT 2010

All this talk of support bands reminded me of LOUD, who opened for some
'Extremities' gigs. I don't know if Chris McLaughlin ever went fishing with
Geordie but he knew how to find a good hook! Jaz co-produced the first of
their two albums, 'D-Generation', which someone has kindly uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ninelvaldoria

Just converted 'Black Hysteria' and 'Song for the Lonely' to mp3 for the
portable playlist. If KILLING JOKE can find an opening act some of whose
tracks I still want to listen to in 20 years time I'll be impressed. (Then
again, if I'm still alive I'll be pretty chuffed too!)

Sadly by the time of the second LP the only connection with KILLING JOKE was
the name - 'Psyche 21'.