[kj] In Excelsis

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:38:47 EDT 2010

Got mine yesterday from Finland also. Only took a couple of days to get here (here being UK. Thanks Arvid for recommending the site). The 4 tracks are superb. I'm not a dub fan, but I can't believe they've done 'Ghosts of Ladbroke Grove' - it's fantastic!!! Probably the most refreshing KJ song in well over a decade. If they have maintained that level of experimentalism for the album then we are in for a treat.The music definitely echoes the very early days. There's something that reminds me of 'Complications' and 'WTF' on one or two tracks, but the music is new all the same.I'm tempted to say that BPF and Youth have given the band something that was urgently needed - new ideas. But of course, I don't know if that was how the group dynamic really worked. Anyone got any lyrics to post? I've not had chance for a proper chin-stroking listen yet.And what's so bad about Ladbroke Grove these days?