[kj] everything is sh*t

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 20:12:54 EDT 2010

> the musical tastes of the Gathering..: All music ever made is shit, except for some...

I will joyfully beg to differ. I'm reposting my Top 50 of 2000s,

Songs that stuck with me and I wish sooo much more music were made like
this [thus my definition of "Top" in "Top 50"],

in no particular order:
Universe B, The Death And Resurrection Show, IMPLANT! - Killing Joke
Unsung, Lockbox - Ministry
Dusted, Double Flash, 6/8 War - Leftfield [ok this is technically from late '99, but I didn't hear
                                                                           it til 2000 so i've 'grandfathered' it in here]
Paradiso, Kule' Kule' - Konono No.1
Club Foot, Shoot The Runner (live), Sun Rise Light Flies -- Kasabian
Mr. Brightside, Happy Birthday Guadalupe, When We Were Young, Read My Mind, Spaceman -- The Killers
Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn, and John
Once In A Lifetime - Wolfsheim
Minimal - Pet Shop Boys
American Boy - Estelle w/Kanye
A Moment Like This - Kelly Clarkson
Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
Stan (with and w/out Dido), Lose Yourself - Eminem
Love Story - Taylor Swift
Train - Goldfrapp
Hot - Avril Lavigne
Rainy Monday, Don't Cry Out - Shiny Toy Guns
Viva La Vida, Life In Technicolor [check out the video] - Coldplay
Golddigger - Kanye West
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Kingdom, Standing, Rubicon, Arena, Chrome - VNV Nation
Hey Ya - Andre 3000/Outkast?
F-117, Taxi Zum Mars - Funker Vogt
Soultaker, Paranoia, Kathy's Song - Apoptygma Berzerk
Money - Jesca Hoop
Playgirl, 17, Destroy Everything You Touch[great Gorey-esque video] - Ladytron
Getting Faster - Book Of Love
When I Close My Eyes -- Natacha Atlas
Pukaea, Hautoa - Oceania
Let's Dance, Bad Romance - Lady Gaga

PLUS:

You left out Geordie's 2007 guitar demos posted on his MiceFace page.