[kj] We've Crossed the YouTubicon!!!!

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Jan 25 22:01:49 EST 2010

If you're ever in any trouble about surfing at work, use the argument that
it's incumbent upon your employers to provide a safe work environment, part
of which is web and email filtering to prevent 'unhealthy' material coming
through. It's not obvious from every link sent in an email what the web page
is, or every subject header in an email what the content might be...

Esp in the 'States companies have actually gotten in trouble for letting
porn-spam through for example...

And also, if you haven't signed an 'acceptable use' or similar policy for
PCs at your company they have far less recourse to any action. Most
companies have this sewn up pretty well now, smaller ones might not.