[kj] We've Crossed the YouTubicon!!!!

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Jan 25 10:04:30 EST 2010

Following on from my last post, I'd say it's the new owners. Google have a
shit-ton of cash (over $US20 bil in the bank...) with which to decorate
YouTube. They'll also obviously be wanting to make money out of it. I think
(don't quote me) that they have started signing deals with the Great Satans
who own all the big artists' works, paying them x / year to be able to show
*some* of their work on youtube. Often it's still like live versions of
songs, stuff you've already seen on MTV forever, etc, as opposed to stuff
that will cost them album / DVD sales.

And yeah I agree, it's nice to see stuff in a window larger than a postage
stamp, there's so much stuff on Youtube now you can watch whole movies and
docos in fullscreen for days on end.

Here's one of my favourites, so good you can watch it twice and still laugh
your a$$ off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kndm4wX3g0