[kj] Off-Topic: Info request for UK or Canadian gatherers: NOTKJ-RELATED

Phillipps Marc Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk
Thu Jan 21 11:38:50 EST 2010

In the UK I would guess the majority of us are on one form of broadband
or another, the quality of which will be determined by the distance to
the nearest exchange for ADSL users

A lot of broadband packages over here are capped to some level or
another, this site will give you some idea of the myriad ways they do
that http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

The major bone of contention these days seems to be the "up to Xmeg"
packages, as an example I am on an "Up to 8meg" line but, due to living
in a small village a long way from the nearest exchange and with
telephone lines that probably date back to the war, can rarely get more
than 1.4meg . . this pisses me off (quite a lot!)

Is that the sort of info you're after?

Marc