[kj] New Topic-Best Drummer

ADRIAN WASON adrianwason at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 19 15:47:54 EST 2010

For what it's worth I've only seen BPF twice and would have loved to have seen him with Raven when they used to play DBD & K&Q live in the ' wall of sound era'. Truth is we've been absolutely spoilt with drummers and didn't the guy from SOAD nearly play-fuck me too many acronymns. After watchingKilling Joke 'go through the motions' on the Pandemonium tour with the 'very expensive' Geoff Dugmore seeing the Joke live again at the Camden Underworld they seemed like a band again especially with the bond Raven had with Ted Parsons.

He said they used to warm up for Prong shows with Extremities tracks & i the first time I saw TP play live I thouht he was a robot-awesome.

The 2005 shows were very special with Benny and I thought they created the special 86  and 91 sound again.

But-I loved Martin Atkin's drumming on the bootlegs I've heard b4 the 91 tour & during. Wardance just sounds so much better to my ears anyway-It sounds trance like & special whereas it can sound the normal track it is with anyone else drumming. There's one bootleg i had on cassette lomg lost with Wardance with distorted vocals & atkins drumming which I  thought was one of the best KJ live tracks ever.

Well that's look forward to the live shows-I might even have to see QPR Cardiff after the London show when i should be at my warm fireside.

If only Killing Joke had been spoilt with bass players. No disrespect to Youth but he didn't do the 03 shows so just imagine Wobble playing....