[kj] KJ MOJO namechecks

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Tue Jan 5 17:19:25 EST 2010

The latest issue of MOJO (January / Dave Grohl cover in the States) has the usual KJ namechecks, including a nice nod for "D&RS" in "Dave's Finest Moments."

One point of interest, however: in the show listings at the back there is an advert for an upcoming show in Leamington Spa featuring some Joy Division cover band. Reading the small print, though, reveals that the opener is "1000 Suns: A Tribute To Killing Joke." A quick Google check reveals...absolutely nothing.

It may be different in the UK, but over here a "tribute" band actually adopts the personas of band members and attempts to recreate the atmosphere of an actual show, as opposed to just playing covers. Leamington is what, about 100 miles from London towards Birmingham?

I don't have the issue in front of me to check the date, but I think it's in Jan - Feb. Somebody should go check this out.