[kj] SOUNDGARDEN REUNION 2010

GC ketracelwhite at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 2 20:43:51 EST 2010

I saw Soundgarden at the Reseda Country Club around the same time (1989 or 90 - Louder Than Love era), sandwiched between Prong and Voivod. It was probably one of the most powerful shows I've ever seen. Chris Cornell's vocals were unrestrained raw power (before he started his whole 'Dio' thing - which I admittedly dug as well). Voivod literally did not want to go on after them (and said as much).
I tried to get into one of the Whiskey shows that were filmed for the 'Louder Than Live' video (around the same time), but it sold out immediately.
I'm looking forward to the reunion, but am curious as to the motivation behind it - based on Cornell's staunch position of not tarnishing their (IMHO sterling) legacy.
Hopefully he keeps his shirt on this time though...

-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail