[kj] SOUNDGARDEN REUNION 2010

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Jan 2 22:16:52 EST 2010

Was potentially a waste, but sure beats recording two dud solo albums in a
row. Cornell has tainted his reputation with that stuff, but no one will
remember Thayil for anything other than Soundgarden. I think Thayil's
course of action was arguably the wiser...although having said that I
think Audioslave made some great music and I saw Cornell solo in 2007, he
was amazing.

Thayl said when they split that he just had no desire to play in a band
with anyone else, he'd done what he wanted to do, no other band was gonna
cut it compared to Soundgarden. Think he finished his Philosophy Masters
or Doctorate in the meantime.

He did the No WTO thing, some work with Wellwater Conspiracy, SunnO))) /
Boris, Pigeonhead, Presidents of the USA (?!), few other minor bits and
pieces, and guitar on a Probot song with King Diamond on Vox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIULVRLh4e0

> Did Kim Thayil ever do anything else other than the NO WTO thing with

> Jello? What a waste, considering he was arguably the most talented

> member of the band.

> Chris Cornell has become the embodiment of diminishing returns.

> Still... curious how they'll put this off.

> Alex in NYC

> On Jan 2, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Leigh Newton wrote:

>> Louder than Love era? Sure. I love that album.

>> They really haven't contributed anything worthwhile to music since

>> 94 or so. Not collectively or seperately. Chris Cornell being the

>> biggest culprit, obviously. I mean, the guy is clearly fucked,

>> especially since he should totally know better..

>> http://www.nightruiner.com

>> http://www.myspace.com/thesunthroughatelescope

>> http://www.myspace.com/lauderdale

>>> Subject: [kj] SOUNDGARDEN REUNION 2010

>>> Calm hands...deep breaths...inhale...now sit down and listen very

>>> carefully.

>>> SOUNDGARDEN are reforming in 2010. As predicted by yours truly (and

>>> made

>>> obvious by recent articles).

>>> http://www.billboard.com/news/soundgarden-reunion-planned-for-2010-1004056149.story#/

>>> news/soundgarden-reunion-planned-for-2010-1004056149.story

>>> Best.

>>> News..

>>> EVER.