[kj] SOUNDGARDEN REUNION 2010

The Mighty TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sat Jan 2 14:02:28 EST 2010

"Alexander Smith" wrote:

> I dunno, Leigh -- perhaps I was drunky at the time (entirely possible if

> not probable), but I remember seeing Soundgarden at L'amour in Brooklyn

> (with Voi Vod & Faith No More) circa LOUDER THAN LOVE, and they

> practically rocked a hole in the ceiling. Later on, they seemed to get a

> bit duller and less dynamic onstage, but circa `89/`90, they fuckin'

> cooked.

The only time I saw them was in '92 in San Francisco during the 2nd
Lollapalooza festival. Obviously, outdoors with a shortened set in-between
other bands in the middle of the day is a less than ideal way to see most
bands. That said, Pearl Jam and especially Ministry blew my mind.
Soundgarden, not so much. I've since grown to appreciate their entire
catalog, especially the first couple albums and will definitely catch a show
when they play LA but I think they've kind of waited a bit too long for
this, considering Cornell's diminished vox.

T.B.