[kj] Wormwood star / "Asteroooiiddd!"

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Feb 25 16:13:17 EST 2010

The Pillar of Salt story, in a nutshell:

So God decides to destroy Sodom (& Gemorrah), but chooses to spare Lot,
Abraham's nephew. Two male angels are sent to Sodom to warn Lot to leave the
city before the brimstone arrives. Lot welcomes the angels into the house,
the male residents of Sodom gather around and yell out for Lot to send the
angels out so they can sodomise them (Genesis 19:5), Lot refuses and tells
them to have their way with his virgin daughters instead. (Genesis 19 7-8).
The angels strike all the would-be gang rapist sodomisers blind, Lot & Co
escape, with the exception of Lot's unfortunate wife, who is turned into a
pillar of salt because she commits the offence of looking over her shoulder
at the fireworks display.

Barking mad. And tells you something about how women were viewed two aeons
ago.