[kj] Austin

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 19 22:47:45 EST 2010

Yeah, it's weird - or not?

I often go out expecting something amazing to happen, yet the opposite
does. You go home asleep, alone, and have this weird feeling of
existential confusion/loneliness.

Seeing the The Dicks (live!) and then dancing to Killing Joke next door
would probably make any sane person happy. I went away from it all
feeling very hollow. Maybe it's me. The Dicks can do no wrong, vis a vis
"Rich Daddy": <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwSqERSSh0>

I was so stoked, excited when they played it, being raised by a single
mom myself (with no rich daddy, etc.) - it's like one of the great
all-time punk classics to me. Like Seeing The Ramones do "Sheena is..."
Yet getting shoved around and then ultimately leaving it all feeling
like it's actually not worth a hill of beans? Blegh. At least I got to
dance to Killing Joke after that, even if it was by myself! :)

-0liver