[kj] OT: AC/DC's Brian Johnson slams Bono / Geldof

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 4 16:03:40 EST 2010

Yep I did play an after party for them around 1990. they are big roots rock
n roll fans and I was in the top roots band in Denver at the time.
They played at the torn to rubble McNichols arena in Denver that night. They
reserved a smaller venue, a 3,000 seater that had acts like X, little feet,
INXS, Black Flag, The Pretenders etc. later and had us play. barry Fey of
Feyline INC was the promoter

As it worked out we played for 15 mins on the hour with a half hour of
strippers who pranced through the audience and gave their favors. Then we
would play another 15 mins.

Unfortunately their fans and entourage weren't roots fans as the band was,
so only ACDC members would watch when we played as the rest of the aquanet
entourage would clear out to the lobby.

As I remember, Angus got himself many slurps of titty that night from the
strolling sluts.

Angus also made a pass at my soon to be wife, which was comical at his low
physical elevation!

They were nice cats, very friendly and appreciative to hear what Malcolm
called "real rock n roll".