[kj] piu' OT -- Xmas Guilty Pleasure/s

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Dec 24 12:48:49 EST 2010

Alexander Smith wrote:

My wife is unduly fond of "Last Christmas." What makes people want to play that song over and over? It's maddening.

I like "Do They Know It's Christmas?" if only because (a) it reminds me of my now very-distant youth and (b) its abjectly inane
lyrics (OF COURSE there won't be any fucking snow in Africa this year, you DOLTS!) never fail to make me laugh.

Mariah Carey is a vile pestilence.

Alex in NYC

Not really Christmas themed, but this old Kerrang magazine cover from the Dio-led "Hear N' Aid" record from the mid '80's always
gets a chuckle out of me. Some metelhead warrior dude holding a starving African baby with the caption "Let Them Eat Metal" is so
wrong on so many levels.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h26/Partyslammer/KerrangCover118.jpg

T.B.