[kj] Killing Joke at The Wiltern

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sun Dec 19 22:13:59 EST 2010

folk devil wrote:

(snip)

Sad to think this might have been the last time for seeing the Joke. Stateside, at least.

That was the one thing about this tour and last night that's bugged me. I too, think that while the band has a few more years in
the tank at least as far as studio releases, I just can't see them slogging around North America hitting mostly small hellholes with
little to no decent promotion and support for a solid month or two every couple years with few breaks like some teenage garage rock
band. There's no money in it and it's tough as hell no matter what your age. And like you or someone said here a few days ago, I
agree with the impression that especially Jaz generally does not care much for American audiences and the overall culture of this
country.

If this was indeed the last US show, I'm more than glad I caught a decent one. I've caught some other favorite bands final tours
and some of them have been utterly abysmal (coughMinistrycough).

T.B.