[kj] Killing Joke at The Wiltern

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 19:43:03 EST 2010

Best rundown for a great GREAT show, Mr. TB. tnx.

That first band (Melungeons?) sounded to me like Love&Rockets around "Hot Trip
To Heaven" time or maybe some deep Will Sergeant/Echo.. grooves. Too bad I only
heard their last 2 songs. I love african/tropical/etc.
percussionw/electronicaverymuchthankyouguys.

About the drums not sounding so well, well, I was up in the balcony and it
sounded mighty fine from up there. (to the sound techs on here: does sound
travel differently

           up&away from the ground-level troops in the pit?)
Big Paul stole the fucking show, rode it out like a bucking mastodon bull into
the street and back into the venue to the thrill of everyone. He made the show
what it was. I was overwhelmingly pleased by the whole damn night! It also was
my physical therapy since currently I am physically tense from trying to get
through a rotator cuff injury and recent heavy work-outs, so the show really
helped me release the tension (drunk as I was) even while I may have bothered
others by constantly raising and rotating my shoulder, maybe blocking their
view. Sorry all (but it felt GOOD!).

Thank you guys!! Tight show, the songs all flowed into and out of each other
beautifully, very no-nonsense, very youthful (considering they're all, what,
50?), great GREAT fucking show!!! My only complaint is they didn't play twice as
long.