[kj] Chicago Gig Report (Revised)-Both nights

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 19:14:59 EST 2010

Nice report Miche! Glad you had fun! :)

Cheers,

~ LB

In a message dated 12/13/2010 4:48:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ukmiche at yahoo.com writes:

Sorry for the delay, I didn't have enough sleep to function properly! And
had 2 days without internet connection.
10 Dec: I won't waste time telling you about the opening band, Bloodiest.
I'll just say that they were more tolerable than I expected, but I never
want to hear them again. The setlist was:
Tomorrow's World
Love Like Blood
Change
Wardance
Absolute Dissent
Bloodsport
European Superstate
This World Hell
Fall of Because
Ghosts of Ladbroke Grove
Madness
Requiem
Primitive
The Great Cull
Asteroid
The Wait
Psyche
Complications (they skipped this for encore)
Eighties (they skipped this for encore)
Pandemonium
There wasn't much banter from Jaz, but Geordie was quite animated & jolly.
The stage was small, but Jaz moved about as best he could. Luckily the
Empty Bottle didn't have anyone searching our bags for cameras at the door,
so it was a photographer's dream! And today's project, for me, is tweaking
the 150 or so photos I took & posting the best. The encore consisted of
Pandemonium, which disappointed anyone in full view of the set list (see
above). The place held about 350 people & 80% of them arrived 5 mins. before
KJ went on. There were 3 styles of T-shirts at the merch table: the Pope
& Nazis design, gray lightning bolt w/face design, & Absolute Dissent;
Youth's book of poems & mini art pieces. They also had the new cd & the grey
shirt/hoodie version.
11 Dec: Much better performance. Oh, Beak was the opener but I was not
there yet. Too busy having excellent food over at Owen & Engine! ;) I got
there as they were ending, & I can tell from everyone's faces, that they
weren't very tolerable. KJ were more energetic. There was more chat from
Jaz between songs, but our faces droped a bit when the SAME song list came
out! Sigh. Oh well. At least they did Complications & Eighties this
time. As I said, the stage was tiny, so there were a few times Jaz bumped into
Geordie's guitar & Geordie gave him a look as to say Hey! Quickly
followed by a smile. The crowd was mainly 40+ & most travelled from afar, so
everyone knew why they were there. And this was a 1st for me in Chicago,
because all the shows I attended there were mainly just the curious who knew
Pandemonium/Millenium/Eighties. A refreshing change. I finally got to meet
Reza & as I was leaving, was lucky enough to meet Big Paul. His drumming
was incredibly powerful, both nights. It was wonderful to meet some
Gatherers from F.B. too. A good time was had by all!