[kj] Pre-gig meet up-Chicago-Friday: Chicago shows appear to be sold out

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Wed Dec 8 10:13:32 EST 2010

Funny story. A friend who now lives in NYC was originally scheduled to perform with his band on Saturday night at the Empty Bottle, before getting bumped for the Joke's second evening.

They (Dinosaur Feathers) are now opening for someone at the Beauty Bar on 12/11 and we will be there. They go on at 8:00 and it's only $5, or free if you RSVP through the Empty Bottle website. Beauty Bar is nearby, so plenty of time to do both.

He asked me why they couldn't have just opened for KJ. I explained that their besweatered college boy Vampire Weekend-esque pan-Africanisms would most likely not be well received by KJ's fans. Kind of like Aztec Camera opening, and probably with the same result.

Anyway, both Chicago shows appear to be sold out, as tix are no longer available on-line, although venue mgmt will most likely release additional tickets at the door on the night of the shows. This venue has an optimistic capacity of <400.

We're off tomorrow morning for both shows. Always happy to meet others on this list. I'm tall, girlfriend's tall; you can't miss us.