[kj] Publicists, such as they are...

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Thu Dec 2 10:27:53 EST 2010

So, I've seen good KJ write-ups in Boston, Montreal, Chicago, Phoenix et. al. and without exception, those write-ups have included a dated photo, usually one featuring Raven, Benny and Reza from 2005. In addition, while extolling the virtues of the new album, they all include a clip of the "LLB" video, which, while a classic song, is hardly representative of the current album.

I actually contacted the Chicago Onion/AV Club about the photo and video and they very pleasantly responded that KJ's "publicist" had not provided updated collateral, despite repeated requests and promises. The photo has now been changed and the video removed, but come on.

Cooking Vinyl - Cooking Vinyl, fercrissakes, had their act together, including an epk and press section on their website where anyone could grab promo photos/videos.

Their US distributor is Fontana, but they enompass 100's of labels, so I suspect KJ are not a priority.

Spinefarm!!!