[kj] So Tre' OT - Wy run for President?

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 11:41:01 EDT 2010

"There's at least one man who doesn't want to see Wyclef Jean become president of Haiti – his former bandmate, Pras. The former Fugees rapper is supporting rival candidate Michel Martelly, saying "we need a real leader".

"I love Wyclef to death," Pras, whose real name is Prakazrel Samuel Michel, told MTV News. "We came up together, we grew up together, we basically called each other cousins. But the reality is this, we need a real leader. Not just a regular leader, but a transformative leader. Someone that's gonna be able to galvanise the Haitians down on the field, the Haitian-Americans, the international community. It's a collective support – to take this country to the 21st century. And I'm just not convinced Wyclef is the one for that."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/aug/09/wyclef-jean-ex-bandmate-haiti