[kj] OT: The Damned

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Fri Apr 23 23:18:15 EDT 2010

I know I'm in the minority, but from what little I've heard from the Damned (but have seen them twice--early 80s and about 10 years ago) they always

seemed to be weak on the song writing (and from what I remember of Lords they were weaker still). I wouldn't rank them up there w/songwriting geniouses

like Buzzcocks and SLF (Jake Burns), who've had amazing careers (the only weak albums I've heard by either is the yellow Buzzcocks one from the 90s -All Set, i think--and

the other yellow one from SLF (Jump Street, i think).