[kj] (OT) McClaren funeral write up from the NME

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 07:10:57 EDT 2010

Marc wrote:

>Actually, it was just after that huge storm so a lot of the catacombs had

>been damaged by falling trees, I managed to get some good shots into

>places that you never normally see (and a photo posing by the side of Karl

>Marx like a tourist!)

Sounds great! Not been there in years, but only ever did the (East?) side
with ol' Marxy. It was all the "guided tour only" thing that was a pain
with the other side. Having read (and believed EVERY WORD of!) The Highgate
Vampire by the inimitable Sean Manchester, it woulda been great to have
had a wander round. I don't care about Charles Dickens' wife... it's
vampires I'm after!!

Dave in Edinburgh