[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 19 18:20:58 EDT 2010

i heard folks standing in line at a KJ show in 200 were told the band
had canceled and everyone would have to go home. Was that memorable for
anyone>

A band that played as relentlessly and for as long as they did under
shitty conditions for over 16 years will have off nights.

My two experiences seeing Fugazi live were admittedly incredible (one
with a riot grl band,one with Netherlands old school anarcho-post
-unkers The Ex), each one for diff. reasons. Fugazi have never canceed a
show. OTOH on this ist I have heard a lot of complaints about flakiness
vis a vis Jaz and Co.Having aid that, I do still believe Killing Joke
are an amazing band, and in my personal pantheon, they are at least up
there w/ Fugazi.

Fugazi, however, were almost militaristic in their dedication to being
non-major label, making every show they scheduled, keeeping door prices
low, ensuring all shows were all ages, etc., etc.

But: Keep in mind I am also someone who joined the list because, coming
from a background of someone who like d sludgy hardcore, I thought
Hosannas was a stroke of genius. And I found out, since joinin the list
after that, many, many, MANY folks disagreed! :)

-0liver