[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 19 16:13:38 EDT 2010

Yes, both times I saw Fugazi, Ian MacKaye demaned on stage that the
lighting folks refuse to do their light sho and simply turn on FULL,
briht stage lighting - no gimmicks or flashery, just the band. This is
why if you ever see a YouTube vid of the band paying live indoors they
are not playing in ome fog ensrouded, laser light spectacular - just
full-on simple stage lighting.

If the club/venue/promoter never agreed to these conditions (like
all-ages shows, door prices no higher than US $5 or US $6 'til 2002,
when they split up), Fugazi would tell them to fuck off, and would play
elsewhere. And they succeeded in ding this for a good 17 years or so.

--0liver