[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 13:01:21 EDT 2010

They ain't a "two bit Brit ensemble."

They started in the Crass records milieu, yes (as did many amazing
bands). One of their LPs (1994) was recorded from a Brit mental asylum;
the singer, Nick Blinko, has schizo-affective disorder and has written
two novels -_The Primal Scream_ and _The Haunted Head_ and he's a
renowned "outsider artist" (viz. <http://www.outsiderart.co.uk/blinko.htm>)

Current 93/David Tibet produced his latest book, _The Haunted Head_.
Like Wire or The fall they are one of the old scholl punk bands from
London still going at it. Crap on them as you like. People do the same
for Killing Joke, all the time. Go ahead and trash them on a public
forum. I can'tbelieve I have somehow turned into an evangelist for Jay
Reatard. Nor you a basher of Rudi Peni in favor of... Busta Rhymes......

:)

-0liver