[kj] Book? Why, perhaps a film could be made that dramatized the old days?

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:07:52 EDT 2010

Can I have a go? This is a future event.

The scene: A quarry in New Zealand. Sound system set up on a
stage. About 32 Gatherers in the audience

Date: October 9, 2012

Time: 11.59pm

Jaz: (black robed, standing on stage, arms held aloft): And
so it comes to pass. In one minute Horus descends, the aeons will cease and humanity
is ended. All Hail the New Age! All Hail Horus!

Crowd: All Hail the New Age!

There is a solemn silence as midnight approaches. Then
suddenly Jaz points to the sky, frenzied look on face:

Jaz: It is begun! Look ye starwards fearful masses. Asteroioioioioid……

Everyone looks up for a few moments in fear, until...

BPF: It’s the moon, Jaz, it’s only the moon.

Jaz resumes concentration. There is a long silence. Youth
accidentally plucks a string on his bass and the noise fills the quarry.

Youth: Sorry.

More silence. A couple of Gatherers wonder off. Big Paul is
flicking through a magazine. Geordie is quietly mimicking a heavy metal guitar
solo until Jaz castigates him with a stare.

Eventually Jaz drops his arms to his side,
dispondent.

Jaz: I fuckin’ got it wrong again. Let’s piss off.