[kj] The Death and Resurrection show - word from the makers themselves.

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 07:49:43 EDT 2010

Coffee Films are one of the two producers and distributors cited involved with the production. Just got this reply.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your email.

Although not an official KJ production the film has certainly fallen into a common KJ trap; that of announcing itself a bit early. Being totally on the level with you we ran short on money for what we wanted to do and didn't want to compromise, we set up the Myspace and Facebook to have a little evidence of Killing Joke's continuing support to people with money, and in the meantime numerous interesting people and things came up we felt had to go into the film one way or another.

So, the majority of it is shot, a fair chunk has even been edited, but we still have a few shoots left to get to do the story full justice.

Where it screens will most likely come down to the final distributor, we certainly hope to see it at some UK cinemas and I would hazard a guess that independents like the Picturehouse chain are most likely, but if the new album goes well it's likely the distribution would be wider. Documentaries are not the most popular thing in cinema world so it's impossible to be sure until the film is totally finished.

Something we are hoping to do is stage a preview screening, giving a 20-30 minute taster of the film to Gatherers, maybe tied in with another KJ event, we know people want to see it and we want to share what we have got finalised so keep a look out on the Myspace and Facebook pages for more news.

Sorry it's been quiet lately but we do hope to roll towards some harder finishing dates very soon, feel free to pass this on and thanks again for asking!

Steve Piper
Producer
D&R Show
www.coffeefilms.com