[kj] Malcolm McLaren RIP

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 18:28:20 EDT 2010

They played Liverpool's Larks in the Parks, free summer gigs, I think 1982? Sounded as good live as on vinyl etc.
Great gig. Annabella sneaking off briefly for water/tea/sniff of something etc.
Completely rehearsed. Perfectly performed. Very slick. Then gone.
The bandstand overlooked a small pond and then a sheer face of grass upon which hundreds sat and watched. This reminds me of something else that happened due to L.I.T.P..

I think it was 1980, one summers night. My family were about 10 miles away from Sefton Park, Toxteth, sitting in the back room of a big house. You could not hear the cars outside in there. We all kind of looked around. We rose to our feet, wondering what the noise was? (This never happened again in 30 years.)

All my family and I went to the front door and went outside the house. There, carried on the wind, was the most extraordinary sound of people. A huge crowd. Quite something. I mean Scouseland saw some gigs after that, but Echo and the Bunnymen in Sefton Park...just some ordinary pa for the time...the numbers of people there and the vibe it created was that powerful. Was anyone else there, with yer Alligator Shoes?
(I still don't like them much. Heh.)