[kj] Malcolm McLaren RIP

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 11:31:54 EDT 2010

I need to check this book out. Cheers, Paul.

From: paulwady at hotmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:57:24 +0100
Subject: Re: [kj] Malcolm McLaren RIP

I remember an Adam Ant interview where he described the moment when the original Antz told him they'd all gone off with McLaren to be Bow wow wow. Cut him deep. Lydon's autobiography makes him out to be the biggest ruthless bastard...etc. None of the references were positive. That was 1994.

In Fashion & Perversity, a book about Vivienne Westwood, the author emulates her talking about 'Malcolm darling'. Worth reading? Somewhere within we learn that Annabelle Lwin got onto drugs then got raped by another band member, discouraging her somewhat and ending Bow wow wow. Art students...